As a Power Technicianyou will be responsible for providing technical management and delivery of highvoltage substation works safely, positively, effectively and efficiently whilecontinuing to provide ongoing technical support, scoping and planning for allworks.
You’ll provesupport to your fellow team members through your industry knowledge andexperience, as well as providing technical input and scoping requirements toassist with the estimation of maintenance and capital works.
Northpower is an electricity and fibre network provider forWhangarei and Kaipara, with more than 60,000 connected customers. We alsoprovide contracting services to our partners – other network owners andoperators across the North Island.
We have over 1,300 staff working together across 13locations to keep the power on and the lights going for our customers.
What we’re offering
– The opportunity to work for a purposeful, essential organisation in a critical safety leadership position
– An environment where innovation and quick adaptation is forefront
– A company who puts our people at the heart of the organisation and is committed to safety leadership at all levels
– A friendly place to work where people are valued and appreciated
– A competitive salary package
– An in-house wellbeing programme and initiatives including group discounted medical insurance, discounted gym membership
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for this roleyou’ll need to hold a current practising licence along with strong knowledge ofrelevant Codes of Practice, Policies, Standards, Work Procedures, and not tomention a current NZ Drivers licence.
You will need to demonstrate thefollowing:
– Proven technical experience in the high voltage substation environment along with the ability to deliver a high standard of technical service
– A critical thinker with contemplative skills and the ability to make decisions and solve problems
– Ability to show initiative and demonstrate a level of professionalism
– Great verbal and written communication skills, with basic technology knowledge
– A strong commitment to health and safety
– A great attitude and a willingness to be part of a team