negotiable / month
- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Category: Policy
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 21-FEB-20
- Job Reference: LINZ/1452153
- Job Title: Principal Advisor
- Business Unit:
We have an available role for a Principal Advisor in our Third Party Funding Review team. This team is part of the Policy and Overseas Investment group and will be based in Wellington.
This role is responsible for developing the financial model to review and establish third party fees and other tasks that may arise during the project. This will include:
- Working with the external/internal financial modeller as the financial model is built and developed to ensure it is fit for purpose
- Working with people in the other business groups, including Finance and Policy to develop the fee options
- Updating model with budget and forecast information including information
- Assisting with information and analysis for the engagement with stakeholders and with the preparation of the Discussion Document/CRIS etc
Skills/experience required for this role:
- Financial literacy
- Extensive knowledge and experience of previous similar projects
- Knowledge and experience of working with financial modellers
- Extensive financial experience and/or relevant tertiary qualification and/or hold qualified Chartered Accountant status with CAANZ or a similar professional qualification
- Demonstrated ability to innovate using best practice financial management for business advantage in relation to third party fees
- An in-depth understanding of public sector corporate finance processes as they relate to changing third party fees
- Demonstrated ability to develop new, innovative yet practical ideas, rethinking how to approach work
- Experience in influencing change across an organisation
- Proven ability to effectively engage, influence and provide specialist advice to senior managers.
To apply, please click “Apply Online.”
You’ll be taken through to our LINZ Careers Centre where you’ll be able to review further information about the responsibilities and accountabilities of this role in the Position Description. You’ll be able to complete your online application form and upload a copy of your CV/Cover Letter. Please keep in mind when including your CV to specifically highlight the capabilities and skills listed in the above ad and the position description.
Applications close Friday 28th February 2020.
If you have any questions about this role or working at LINZ, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our Recruitment Team will be in touch with you.
As an organisation LINZ embraces diversity, encourages work life balance and we have a flexible approach to the way we work which means you will quickly feel connected and valued.
LINZ is one of the most engaged organisations in the public sector and people always say what a great place LINZ is to work.