negotiable / month
- Job Type:
- Category: Policy and Advisory
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 04-FEB-20
- Job Reference: MOH/1432137
- Job Title: Principal Advisor, Office of the Deputy Director-General
- Business Unit:
- Support the establishment of a new team
- Knowledge of public policy and machinery of government
- Great problem-solving ability required
The System Strategy and Policy Directorate within the Ministry of Health is responsible for the Ministry’s advice on the health and disability system. We are looking for a Principal Advisor for the Office of the Deputy Director General within our Directorate, who will provide policy thought leadership and advice. You will be part of a small agile team that covers a broad range of functions.
You may be a Senior Advisor ready to step up into a Principal Advisor role.
More specifically you will:
- provide advice to support our Deputy Director-General and the Senior Leadership Team to successfully deliver on policy work programme priorities
- co-ordinate the development, improvement, and implementation of business planning and performance activities
- establish/monitor performance frameworks and provide meaningful performance information to support decision making
- provide expert advice and support to people at all levels across the Directorate, positioning them to successfully deliver their contribution towards achieving the Ministry strategy
To be successful in this role, you’ll:
- be able to tell us about your experience providing public policy advice across work programmes
- be a natural collaborator sought out for your advice
- have practical knowledge of the machinery of government
- understand project management and the disciplines of project reporting
- demonstrate the ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- have excellent presentation skills and proven effectiveness in a variety of informal and formal presentation settings
The Ministry of Health is the kaitiaki of the health and disability system in New Zealand. We are responsible for providing active stewardship and leadership across the nations health and disability system. We ensure the system provides people with the highest levels of care, regardless of who they are or where they live.
You will find a copy of the Position Description attached or online at careers.health.govt.nz. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click Apply for this Job to upload your CV and cover letter.
Advertising for this role closes at midnight Sunday 16 February 2020
We encourage diversity and inclusion at the Ministry of Health and are committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at email@example.com if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.