Do you like the sound of:
- Bringing strategic advice to a leadership team that thrives on performing under pressure
- Actively engaging with and supporting the Chief Executive, the Leadership Team and external working groups on behalf of the Ministry
- Gaining exposure to a range of highly-visible areas of work across the Ministry and wider social sector
The Director of the Office of the Chief Executive is looking for a talented individual to put their skills into practice to provide strategic advice and support to the Chief Executive.
The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) plays a key role in the social sector, working directly with New Zealanders of all ages to improve social wellbeing. We provide policy advice and deliver social services and assistance to young people, working age people, older people, and families, whānau and communities to improve social wellbeing.
This exciting and newly created position will see you working directly with the Chief Executive and Senior Leadership Team, championing work programmes across MSD, as well as having a strong external focus where you will build strong relationships and work to influence cross sector work programmes. The role is highly collaborative and you will be required to lead significant projects or initiatives, provide strategic and tactical advice and risk management support, and work closely with senior leaders across the organisation.
We are looking for an over-achiever who has a history of senior advisory or analytical roles, an established record of relationship management, a working understanding of te ao Māori, high quality written and verbal advice/analysis, and a finely tuned risk radar. You will demonstrate the ability to deliver smart solutions to complex problems and provide pragmatic and effective advice under time pressure. A working understanding of the machinery of government is essential and experience in an organisation that serves the public is desired.
- Strong experience in providing advice and support to senior leaders
- Proven experience of managing complex relationships, both internally and externally, with the ability to establish credibility at all levels
- Proven project management experience, particularly in the management of multi-faceted, complex and multi-stakeholder projects
- Experience in the initiation, development and implementation of strategies/initiatives that align with organisational needs and long-term outcomes
- An understanding of the strategic issues facing the Government and the Ministry
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and responsively
- Experienced in problem solving
- Strong client focus
- High level of environmental and organisation awareness coupled with political savvy
This is a permanent role and is an excellent opportunity for a highly competent Principal Advisor interested in working closely alongside the Chief Executive and senior management on a diverse range of issues.