negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 14-FEB-20
- Job Reference: NZ/1446627
- Job Title: Principal Policy Advisor
- Business Unit:
- Wellington based – CBD location
- Full-time, permanent
The Ministry for Pacific Peoples is the Crown’s principal advisor on policies and interventions that impact on better outcomes for Pacific Peoples in New Zealand.
We have an exciting and challenging role for you to join our geographically spread team with a commitment on our key priorities:
- Thriving Pacific languages, cultures and identities
- Prosperous Pacific people
- Resilient healthy Pacific peoples
- Confident thriving and resilient Pacific young people
Our Principal Policy Advisor position exists to lead key policy projects and initiatives and to provide professional leadership to the policy programme, including the delivery of high quality, robust policy advice.
As a seasoned policy professional, you will demonstrate to us:
- strong analytical skills for analysing information provided by our regions (Northern, Central and Southern teams)
- an ability to provide thought leadership for the Ministry about policy development and implementation
- an ability to provide clear and concise policy advice in a clear, persuasive, and impactful way; to convince others to embrace change and act
- strong understanding of policy formulation and frameworks
- a respect and understanding of Pacific values and working in a culturally diverse workplace
- an ability to provide high quality advice to management on policy strategies as these relate to Pacific peoples and the Ministry.
To help you succeed, you will be given the opportunity to:
- lead and manage complex and strategic policy projects as requested by the National Policy Manager
- develop and maintain external networks of significance to ensure relevancy and support of the Ministry’s role in policy development across the sector, and to promote the Ministry’s policy role
- build your professional skills, knowledge and expertise across a wide range of policy areas
- be part of a small, fun and energetic team, focused on delivering outstanding service
- work collaboratively with our team and with partner agencies.
If you believe in our purpose and commitment and want to be a part of our close-knit team, come join an organisation where you will be recognised and feel valued for your hard work and success here at Ministry for Pacific Peoples.
To apply for this role please click https://www.mpp.govt.nz/mpp-job-application-form/
For more information, please refer to the position description.
Applications close Wednesday, 19 February 2020.