He Waka Eke Noa | Creating Great Together
At BNZ Life we’re passionate about helping customers be good with money through insurance, protecting what they value most – their family, health and their financial security. We help customers be good with money by ensuring they are protected and by offering peace of mind knowing we are here when they need us.
Te Kaiurungi | About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Life Insurance team on a 7-month fixed term contract as our Product Manager.
In this role, you will manage a profitable product portfolio that offers protection benefits that are relevant and appropriate to customer needs across various differentiated BNZ customers segments. In this role you will:
- Undertake annual product reviews and quality assessments to evaluate product performance, market positioning, alignment to conduct pillars and customer outcomes
- Manage the product development roadmap implementation to deliver on agreed product strategy and agreed channel propositions
- Manage product development projects following agreed frameworks and support cross business stakeholder discussions and analysis, through to successful implementation
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the life insurance market, competitors, channel, and customer data related to insurance product portfolio
- Review of technical product material used within various communication, training, and promotional material
To be successful in this role, you will be an experienced product manager with proven success managing life insurance products. Exposure to managing the technical inputs into insurance product development to create a profitable product portfolio will be essential to the role.
You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to influence, develop and maintain relationships, both internally and externally. Your exposure to successful product delivery and implementation will be key to ensuring our products are fit for purpose and relevant to our customers.
At BNZ, we’re passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. We know that every BNZer is unique, with a wide range of goals, ambitions, and lifestyles, so we offer a wide range of benefits and working styles to suit you.
- Wellbeing: Your wellbeing is important to us. When we’re at our best, physically and mentally, in and out of work, we can truly create great things together. We’re here to support you to be your best with a number of wellbeing initiatives.
- Leave: We all need a bit of time off every now and then. At BNZ we’re proud to offer the generous leave options you need and deserve – whether it’s for a special occasion, an unexpected event, or an extended vacation.
- Flexibility: We’re big on helping you balance life and work. We offer a range of flexible working options that help you be your best, wherever you’re based. Talk to us about how we can make this work for you.
Haere mai ki Te Peke o Aotearoa | Come to the Bank of New Zealand
Inspired by your customers and energised through success, BNZ has the environment and opportunities for you to contribute to a high achieving New Zealand. Come join us and let’s create great together.
Please note that applications close on 28 February 2021
If this is your first time applying for a job at BNZ, it involves a simple two-step process.
- Registration. Create a user account, and upload your CV and desired employment criteria. You can login anytime to update your details, and track your job application status.
- Application. Complete a quick job related questionnaire. If you apply for future roles, you’ll only need to complete the second step.
Applications will be reviewed regularly across the advertising period, but we do reserve the right to close applications early.
After you’ve applied
Depending on which role you have applied for our recruitment process may vary slightly, but in most cases, will involve the following steps:
- You’ll receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Our recruitment team will review your application and get back to you within 1-2 weeks of the job closing.
- If shortlisted, you may be asked to complete some testing relevant to the position you have applied for, and/ or be invited to complete a phone or video based interview.
If you’re invited to complete a digital interview as the next stage of your application we’d love you to embrace it. Digital interviews allow more people the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities to the hiring manager in a new and innovative way giving you a better chance of securing your dream role. Relax, be yourself and don’t worry, we all feel a bit awkward in front of the camera.
- If successful, you’ll move through to the interview stage which may include a two-stage individual interview, or a group based assessment centre.
Please note, some roles may also require you to complete psychometric, verbal, numeric, and abstract reasoning tests during the recruitment process.