negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 03-FEB-20
- Job Reference: NZ/31908
- Job Title: Programme Coordinator – Oranga Tamariki
- Business Unit:
Programme Coordinator – Oranga Tamariki
Lower Hutt, Wellington
Permanent, Full Time
Here at Epuni Care and Protection Residence we are a residence focused on achieving positive change in the lives of vulnerable young people aged from 12 to 18 years of age. Our team help young people integrate back into the community by delivering innovative programmes such as therapeutic interventions, life and social skills development and vocational education.
We currently have an opportunity in our Residence for a Programme Coordinator. The successful applicant is someone that has a passion for working with children and young people.
This role requires someone who will:
Manage the programmes of the Epuni residence independently and as part of a wider leadership team. The ideal candidate needs to be pro-active in leading programmes along with looking at the operational and practice, requiring a range of skills and not just being task oriented.
• Have an understanding of the programme and operational demands of working with vulnerable children within a secure care residential setting
• Be a great communicator, both orally and in writing
• Is able to both manage the risks that arise and lead the care team to ensure the programme is communicated to all parties involved in making the programme successful for the young people while keeping a professional approach.
• Always take a solution focused approach to your work, when speaking with staff and creating programmes
• Demonstrate and is committed to improving child centred programmes.
• Culturally responsive practice and a good understanding of Tikanga Maori
• full clean driver’s licence
How to apply:
Internal Oranga Tamariki Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
All external applicants – including Ministry of Social Development employees please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system. Please note all applications must be made online.