negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 26-MAR-20
- Job Reference: NZ/011507
- Job Title: Programme Manager – Pacific Nursing and Postgraduate Studies
- Business Unit:
Are you a highly motivated registered nurse who is keen to engage with undergraduate Pacific students and postgraduate students from across New Zealand? The School of Health and Social Services is seeking to appoint a programme manager pacific nursing and postgraduate Studies.
This role will report to the Head of School Health and will also provide strategic support to the School of Health and Social Services.
The Programme Manager will lead and manage a team of academic staff and contractors delivering the Bachelor of Nursing Pacific degree, Postgraduate Certificate in Nursing and Specialty Care, as well as the professional practice suite of programmes. The successful person will be required to ensure a high standard of quality teaching and an effective learning environment for students.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification at master’s level
- Registered Nurse with current Annual Practising Certificate
- Able to establish and maintain working relationships with various regional and national Pacific and wider health sector interests e.g. Ministry of Health and District Health Boards, Pacific Health and Social Services, Pacific Medical Association, Ministry for Pacific Peoples and ethnic specific nurse associations
- Demonstrated Pacific community relationships and networks
- Strong leadership and applied management skills
- Demonstrated expertise in academic planning
- Understanding of key programmes of responsibility
- Previous teaching experience
- Adult teaching qualification or equivalent
- Experience working in a tertiary education environment
- Experience in working with academic staff in an ITP environment
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Experience in dealing with students from various backgrounds
- Experience with education management information systems
To view the position description and to apply for this position, please visit www.weltec.ac.nz/careers
Please ensure you follow the instructions for the job application process and complete all the sections of the on-line application.
For other information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday, 13 April 2020.