negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 11-FEB-20
- Job Reference: NZ/1447401
- Job Title: Project Coordinator – Contract (5 months)
- Business Unit:
Do you enjoy being involved in a variety of different projects and working with a wide range of stakeholders? The Project Coordinator is responsible for directing, organising and controlling project activities, under the direction of the Project Manager.
The Tertiary Education Commission’s (TEC) mission is to ensure that all New Zealanders are equipped with the knowledge and skills they need for life long achievement. TEC invests $3.2 billion annually in the tertiary education system and has a lead role in supporting career development of people in New Zealand.
What will you be doing?
- Hit the ground running on our migration to Microsoft cloud services project. This project is implementing Exchange Online and Teams as a pre-cursor to our Office 365 roadmap.
- Coordination of shared resources and interdependencies with a couple of other smaller projects – a video conference Skype room implementation, and upgrade of our document management solution.
What can you bring?
- Proven track record as a project co-ordinator in a complex and changing environment.
- Understanding of project methodologies to ensure quality control i.e. tools, templates and the ability to use project management disciplines to cost, plan, monitor, review and report.
- Knowledge of the risk management process, including how to identify and clearly describe existing and potential risks, understanding their wider impact.
- Experience in monitoring project budgets, developing forecasts and reporting on the project budget versus actual costs.
- Understanding of quality assurance and control processes and maintenance of associated documentation.
- Proven ability in developing relationships, communicating and liaising with senior managers.
- Very good written, presentation and oral communications.
What will you get in return?
- An opportunity to work for a professional and friendly team, who truly make a difference.
- Work in a varied and interesting work environment where no two days are the same.
How to apply:
To apply, click the ‘Apply’ button, complete the online application form and submit your CV and Cover Letter outlining your suitability.
Applications close 19 February 2020. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact HR@tec.govt.nz.
Please note you must be a NZ citizen or have permanent residency to be considered for this role.
The TEC committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. We look forward to your application.