Situated in Auckland’s CBD, Mt Eden Corrections Facility is a Remand Facility that houses 1000+ people.
We currently have vacancies for applicants with strong administrative abilities to work as Property Officers, joining the busy team that manages the personal property of the people in our care, as they arrive into and depart from our site.
Property Officers are based at both our Front Reception desk and in the Receiving Office within the Facility. They are primarily responsible for overseeing the accurate collation, collection and recording of all property received or sent out.
Success as a Property Officer will be dependent upon your;
- Excellent work ethic including strong time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Sound working knowledge of MS Word/Excel and Outlook, with excellent written and verbal language skills
- Good physical health as heavy lifting is required
- Great face-to-face people skills i.e. your ability to interact confidently and professionally with people from a diverse range of cultures is essential
- Understanding of our work environment and the safety protocols required
- Ability to learn new skills quickly, follow instructions and having the courage to ask relevant questions
- Strong attention to detail i.e. being team, solution and compliance focused
Property Officers at Mt Eden Corrections Facility work 40 hours per week across rotating 8-hour rostered shifts, Mondays to Sundays. Shift hours are 6am-2pm, 8am-5pm and 2pm-10pm. We have free car-parking on-site and the Mt. Eden train station is a 5-minute walk. An initial uniform allowance is supplied that will enable you to order Corrections clothing suitable for this role.
The starting salary is from $45,518 to $54,120 per annum and will be determined subject to the transferrable skillsets and experience you bring.
To apply, please complete the on-line application and submit your updated CV and a detailed Cover Letter telling us why you’re a great candidate for one of these roles.
Applications close Monday, 30 November 2020.
Please note, the attached job description (JD) for this position has the general working title ‘Administration Support Officer’. This JD covers a variety of administrative positions across Corrections including Property Officers.
** Notice about COVID-19 **
We are part of the group of essential organisations that provide the necessities of life for everyone in New Zealand. During times of increased COVID-19 alert, our recruitment and onboarding processes will continue however will be changed to include increased health measures. We will work with candidates throughout the process to ensure safety and help stop the spread.