negotiable / month
- Job Type:
- Category: Education
- Location: Manawatu
- Date Advertised: 26-OCT-18
- Job Reference: EDU/1364174
- Job Title: Psychologist
- Business Unit:
1 year fixed term part-time position
Based in our Palmerston North office
Are you interested in a career where you can make a difference?
The Ministry of Education provides support services to pre-school and school-aged children with additional needs to ensure that they can achieve their full potential.
The role involves:
- Working collaboratively with a team around the child, including educators, parents, caregivers and whānau, to enhance understanding about the child and their behaviours, assess their needs and collaboratively develop, implement and monitor an effective personalised learning and behaviour plan
- Helping the adults around the child to make changes to the environment to support positive behaviour and learning
- Building the capability of adults through the delivery of training and professional learning and development
- Working with early learning services and schools to embed inclusive education
- Working from a transdisciplinary approach with other professionals and agencies to meet the needs of the child, their family and whānau.
For the role you will need:
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to build and sustain meaningful professional relationships with your colleagues and external stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible and creative in your approach, with a commitment to evidence-based practice
- Experience working with children or young people who have additional learning or behaviour needs
- New Zealand Psychologist Board registration and a current Practicing Certificate
- Culturally responsive practice that demonstrates a commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- A full New Zealand driver’s license
This position will provide cover for a staff member taking parental leave.
If you are interested in this rewarding role please apply now using the ‘Apply Online’ button. You can view job descriptions above, and for further information please contact Sarah Harrison on 06 350 9914 or email email@example.com
Applications close Sunday, 11 November 2018