negotiable / month
- Job Type:
- Category: Community
- Location: Westport
- Date Advertised: 16-NOV-20
- Job Reference: DOC/400/6181
- Job Title: Ranger, Community
- Business Unit:
Do you want an interesting and challenging role in conservation?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated person with excellent people skills to grow conservation in the Buller District. As a Ranger Community you will be based in Westport and work closely with the wider District team as well as local communities.
He angitūtanga: About the Role
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting joint venture projects with businesses, community groups, and iwi
- Provide high quality reporting input in relation to statutory land administration, resource management, permits and concessions as well as monitoring of concessionaire operations
- Assist with the District’s volunteer programme and in delivering education programmes
- Promoting the value of conservation by lifting awareness and educating others
Ngā He kōrero mōu: What we are looking for
- A tertiary qualification, or equivalent experience, in resource management OR working with community, iwi or business groups
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong networker, with positive working relationships across a broad range of public and private sector businesses and groups
- Be highly organised, able to balance competing demands, meet deadlines and have problem solving skills
- Work well both independently and as part of a team and be self-motivated
- Experience as an educator/facilitator
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What’s in it for you?
DOC recently received the Randstad Award for the most attractive employer in the public sector for the third year running. DOC also offers:
- Competitive remuneration
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Respect, recognition and opportunities for personal growth
- Excellent employee wellbeing initiatives including the employee assistance program and discounted insurance
- Free accommodation in our backcountry huts and campsites as well as general travel and accommodation discounts
- Job satisfaction from contributing to crucial and meaningful work
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Please apply online via the DOC Careers Centre with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements above.
For any enquiry, please contact Pete Graham, email@example.com, or telephone 03 788 8016 quoting vacancy 400/6181.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 30 November 2020.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We offer a range of flexible working options depending on the needs of the role and its work context.