negotiable / month
- Job Type:
- Category: Community
- Location: Queenstown
- Date Advertised: 05-NOV-18
- Job Reference: DOC/400/8271E
- Job Title: Ranger, Community, Operations, Queenstown
- Business Unit:
Come and join our tight-knit community team to help manage conservation in the Wakatipu District. We are looking for someone who enjoys building relationships, working with words (in all their forms) and finding solutions.
Based in Queenstown you will work closely with the wider District Team, as well as local communities and businesses, to contribute to the delivery of statutory work and community engagement across the district.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality analysis and reporting advice in relation to permits for activities such as filming, guiding and sporting events.
- Supporting and working directly with local conservation groups.
- Working with the District Team on the other weird and wonderful projects that come our way.
- Co-operating with colleagues across district boundaries and agencies
The ideal team member will have:
- A tertiary qualification, or equivalent experience, which demonstrates a proven ability to think critically and remove complexity without losing context/content
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: including a proven ability to write clear and concise plain English reports;
- Demonstrated competence in working with a range of private and public entities and community groups
- Proven organisational skills, able to balance competing demands, meet deadlines and have a problem-solving approach
- A track record for working well both independently and as part of a team
- Have a passion for protecting the environment
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For more information please contact Susie Geh, email@example.com, VPN 5707 or telephone (03)442 8508, quoting vacancy 400/8271.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 19 November 2018
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.