negotiable / month
- Job Type:
- Category: Community
- Location: Tauranga
- Date Advertised: 08-OCT-19
- Job Reference: DOC/400/3152S
- Job Title: Ranger, Community, (Temporary), Operations Group, Tauranga
- Business Unit:
This is a fixced term position for 12 months.
Do you have experience with community restoration, volunteering, and kaitiakitanga? Can you plan and deliver inspiring events and initiatives?
The Department of Conservation is seeking applicants for the position of Ranger, Community; Kaitiaki, Āo Hāpori. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a fun and hardworking team, and support in growing conservation in the Tauranga District alongside our Treaty partners and community. Core components of this role include:
- Developing and implementing high quality engagement opportunities and partnerships that result in valuable conservation outcomes
- Supporting whānau, hapū and Iwi as treaty partners in both a pre/post-settlement relationship environment
- Managing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including councils and community conservation groups;
- Assisting with RMA processes, and the administration of concessions and Wildlife Act permits including site monitoring;
The ideal applicant will:
- Have a tertiary qualification, or equivalent experience, in either project management, ecology/environmental studies or community engagement
- Have awareness of the RMA and be committed to effective natural resource management
- Be passionate about working with whānau, hapū and Iwi and have respect for te ao Māori me ngā tikanga.
- supporting your manager and colleagues to collaborate, build cultural confidence / capability, and deliver joint initiatives alongside our treaty partners
- Be a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be a strong networker, with positive working relationships across a broad range of public and private sector businesses and groups.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online via the DOC Careers Centre. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For any queries, please contact Tracy Mezger, email@example.com ph: 0275366839, quoting vacancy 400/3152.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 21 October 2019.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.