- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Otago
- Date Advertised: 05-FEB-21
- Job Reference: NZ/1511154
- Job Title: Regional Placement and Resources Coordinator – Oranga Tamariki
- Business Unit:
- 24 month fixed-term Placement
- Based in Dunedin
As a Regional Placement and Resources Coordinator you will ensure tamariki and rangatahi are supported with their placement and supported bail needs by using all available regional resources.
To do this well you will assess suitable options in line with behavioural, intervention and risk plans to ensure the options meet the complex needs of tamariki and rangatahi. You will liaise with internal stakeholders and ensure that tamariki and rangatahi have appropriate plans in place.
The Regional Placement and Resources Coordinator will assist the regions to:
- Provide safe and appropriate placements for tamariki and rangatahi
- Assess the understanding of behavioural, therapeutic and rehabilitative needs to ensure the placement aligns with the requirements of the child or young person to prevent further trauma or offending
- Ensure sound practice and culturally appropriate decisions occur
- Manage critical emergencies and use all available resources to find suitable solutions
- Identify a range of suitable, relevant and effective placement options
- Provide oversight for Youth Justice young people detained in the community
- Ensure resources are allocated appropriately in line with the needs of the children and young people
- Build and maintain sound relationships and networks with internal and external stakeholders & includes National Office, Regional Managers, Sites, Partnering for Outcomes and NGO Providers.
Externally you will work to build and maintain strong relationships and networks with external providers of placements and programmes that can assist tamariki and rangitahi towards the desired outcomes.
Key skills and experience:
- Knowledge of child protection and youth justice legislation and practice
- Experience in the application of the Oranga Tamariki Act 1989 Youth Justice legislation.
- Ability to effectively navigate CYRAS to a level where themes and data analysis can be extracted to assist in decision-making and reporting requests
- Experience or qualification in social work, psychology or other related discipline with an understanding of social theories and trauma, mental health, addictions and behavioural issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write reports as required
- Effective relationship management skills with the ability to partner with a variety of stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi
- Exceptional time management, organisation skills and the ability to remain calm and level-headed under pressure
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office – namely Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Can consistently exercise discretion and inspire trust of staff and providers at all levels.
What we are offering in return:
- A supportive team environment
- Regular coaching and ongoing professional development
- Meaningful and rewarding work
How to apply
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter. Only applications made online will be accepted.
All external applicants including Ministry of Social Development employees, please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our tracking system
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please apply through your myHR portal.
If you have any other further questions about the role, please contact Jo Bensonat firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Friday, 19February 2021.