negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: Other
- Location: Auckland
- Date Advertised: 19-FEB-20
- Job Reference: MBIE/1449213
- Job Title: Relationship Manager, Migrant Skills Retention
- Business Unit:
- Permanent position based in Auckland
- Opportunity to use your thinking and influencing skills to contribute to NZ’s growth
- Build on the positive relationships and effective activity already occurring
- Position requires travel to the Northland region
If you are a good thinker with a strong interest in supporting others, have a track record in relationship management and can deliver results, this role will interest you.
As a Relationship Manager (RM), you are part of a team of regionally based RM’s who work in the Strategy, Engagement & Education Unit of Immigration New Zealand. RM’s are responsible for engaging with and influencing decision makers and employers in regions, sectors and workplaces across New Zealand to improve the retention of migrants.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Consolidating on the strategically important regional relationships established by the past RM, that enable the Strategy Engagement & Education Unit to achieve its goal of improving the retention of migrants;
- Using these relationships to influence planning, decision making and actions at a regional level; and
- Gathering knowledge and information ‘from the field’ to inform Unit planning and service delivery approaches.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven success in stakeholder relationship building, including the ability to engage effectively with people from a range of agencies, organisations and businesses;
- A high level of credibility that comes from a sound understanding of the NZ business environment and the factors that impact on migrant retention;
- Strong strategic problem solving skills including the ability to scan and analyse data;
- The ability to self-manage, but also work collaboratively as part of a team;
- Planning, focus and drive to deliver results;
- Solid communication skills, oral and written;
- Must be a NZ citizen or Resident;
- A full current NZ drivers licence and the ability to undertake regular travel are requirements of this position.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Hutcheson at email@example.com with the reference MBIE/1449213 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 26th of February 2020