negotiable / month
- Job Type: Casual
- Location: Northland
- Date Advertised: 14-OCT-20
- Job Reference: NZ/35259
- Job Title: Resource Worker – Tautahere, Whangarei
- Business Unit:
Resource Workers, Care and Protection, three roles – Whangarei
Do you want to make a difference for tamariki and rangatahi? Join a team that considers themselves whānau and use your life experience to mentor others in this casual role.
What you will do?
The work you do will vary depending on the needs at the time but could include the following:
- Transport children and young people to appointments, activities and to school
- Look after, care and help motivate them
- Assist as and where you can with the child’s behavioural issues
- Support, mentor and walk alongside our tamariki and rangatahi’s journey
- Assist Social Workers on a case by case basis
- Play an important part in a very rewarding role
- Be flexible on changing priorities as and where we need resources
What you will bring?
- Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
- Experience working with youth
- A clean, current, full driver’s licence
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- Flexibility in working different hours and days at short notice
- Life experience to be able to share and mentor on
- The ability to work in New Zealand
- Open and adaptable to an environment that is always changing
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
What’s on offer?
- A work life balance
- An opportunity to make a bit of extra money
- A great, supportive team environment who has each other’s backs
- Encouragement and opportunities to learn and develop into a Social Worker if studying or inclined to go in that direction
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures.
What team you will work with?
Our team of Resource Workers work very hard but have a lot of fulfilment in what they do. The team work on a casual basis with hours as and when required, so this can change on a regular basis. It’s a two way street though so if you were studying or had other priorities, this may be a great way to earn some more cash without having to sacrifice anything.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla on Sravani.email@example.com
Hurry as applications close on the Wednesday, 28 October 2020.
To see more about this exciting role, check out the position description below: