• Provide high quality operational advice while working as part of a great dynamic team
• Contribute and support the delivery of key action plans to enhance client experience
• Permanent role, National Office, Wellington
We have a wonderful new opportunity for a Senior Advisor Client Service Delivery to join a diverse, dynamic team. Working alongside the Manager and the wider Service Delivery Group you will provide technical, operational and analytical advice and support on key work programmes.
The role is highly collaborative, and you will need the confidence and proven ability to develop and manage relationships at all levels across the Ministry and other Government agencies. You will demonstrate the ability to work at pace to deliver smart solutions to complex problems and provide pragmatic and effective advice.
As Senior Advisor you will:
• Have a proven ability to work collaboratively and responsively in both government and non-government settings
• Contribute and support work programmes on a broad range of issues to deliver MSD and Government initiatives
• Provide high quality advice and subject matter expertise
• Proven ability to successfully implement policy
• Have great relationship management skills, with the ability to engage and influence at all levels
• Provide input to identifying issues that may impact on work programmes and delivery
• Have proven experience delivering quality work to tight deadlines
• Have excellent communication skills including the ability to present clear, concise documentation
• Highly developed analytical skills with the ability to provide robust recommendations
If you have a passion to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent and want to share your knowledge and experience, we’d like to hear from you.
What’s on offer
• Modern training and opportunities to develop a career pathway in our team and the wider Ministry.
• Salary range – $72,969 – $109,454. The successful candidate will be appointed within this range, depending on skills and experience.
How to apply – key recruitment process information
If you are short listed the recruitment process will include, interview and reference checking.
All candidates must include a current / updated CV and cover letter with their application. Please take the time to review the job description.l
If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Current MSD employees; it is important that you please apply through your myHR careers portal at work, so you are recognised as a current employee. Please apply from a work computer on the MSD network.
All external candidates, please click the apply now button – we look forward to your online application.
Applications close 5.00pm Sunday 14th February 2021
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.