- Exciting, dynamic role
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders
- Fixed term/Secondment to 30 June 2021, Christchurch based
A unique opportunity exists for a person with a passion for building Emergency Management and Business Continuity capacity and capability to join the Ministry’s Emergency Management and Business Continuity Group responsible for management of MSD’s emergency and business continuity functions and external responsibilities under the National Civil Defence Emergency Management Plan 2015.
Position holders will bring their knowledge and expertise to strengthen the Ministry’s South Island emergency management and business continuity arrangements. You will work alongside business groups, service lines and social sector partners to deliver work programme priorities.
This includes building the capability of those in key roles through a programme of training, education and awareness and applying best practice principles in the application of business continuity and emergency management functions. In an emergency you will be responsible for supporting Regional Commissioners and National Managers through undertaking a range of response activities leading to individuals, families and communities having easy access to the full range of services and support available to them.
Ideally you will have;
- An understanding of Emergency Management and/or Business Continuity best practice principles
- Strong people skills coupled with a high degree of resilience
- Developed networks, relationships and stakeholder management in government and/or welfare setting
- Proven high performance and action orientation reflected in the effective delivery of strategies, plans and work programme priorities
- Technical proficiency and ability to deploy a range of software (Visio, Excel etc) to maximise impact in plan and resource development
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- A responsive, proactive and pragmatic approach
The role also includes the requirement to be on call as part of a shared duty roster as part of Ministry crisis management arrangements.
The Senior Advisor Emergency Management will require the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance.
Come and discover genuine job satisfaction by helping us deliver services to New Zealanders when they most need it.
How to Apply
To apply, click the ‘Apply Now’ button, complete the online application form and submit your CV and Cover Letter outlining your suitability for this role.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 26th October 2020