negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: Policy & analysis
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 30-OCT-19
- Job Reference: 21362
- Job Title: Senior Advisor – Intelligence Coordination
- Business Unit:
Senior Advisor, Intelligence Coordination
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Advisor to join us working at the heart of the national security and intelligence sector in an important, cross-sector role.
In this role you’ll see your work having a real impact as you:
- Manage the coordination of the government’s National Security and Intelligence Priorities across agencies
- Build networks and routinely lead meetings with intelligence, operational and policy professionals across multiple government departments, including GCSB, NZSIS, MFAT, MBIE, Police, Customs, NZDF, and MOD
- Help shape what intelligence and assessment is provided across the National Security System, to ensure senior leaders can make well-informed decisions
- Frequently report to the National Intelligence Coordination Committee (NICC), and present papers to the Security and Intelligence Board (SIB) and Ministers
- Play a central role in the periodic refresh of the National Security and Intelligence Priorities, and make recommendations to the Cabinet External Relations and Security Committee
- Form a key part of a small, inclusive and dynamic team.
We are looking for someone with:
- Proven ability to think clearly and concisely to solve complex problems
- Excellent relationship-building, interpersonal and representational skills
- Ability to operate confidently in situations where faced with new and/or difficult issues
- Ability to lead and coach less experienced members of staff.
Previous work experience in the national security and intelligence sector would be an advantage.
This role is available as a permanent full time position, but we would also welcome secondments or flexible work arrangements.
The indicative starting remuneration for this position is $94,716-$111,431.
The appointee must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident who can successfully obtain and maintain a Top Secret Special (TSS) security clearance.
Applications close 5pm on Friday 8 November. For more information, or if you have any questions, please contact Michael Hunt email@example.com.