- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 19-JAN-21
- Job Reference: NZ/1503496
- Job Title: Senior Advisor Learning and Development
- Business Unit:
- Fixed-term 12 months role based in Wellington providing learning and development advice and delivery to our team
- Building organisational capability – strengthening our skills and growing our team to deliver meaningful outcomes to our Pacific people
- Supporting career growth, partnering with Leaders and providing impactful opportunity
As a seasoned Senior Advisor Learning and Development, you will be responsible for leading and managing the identification of learning and development opportunities for Ministry staff – scoping, designing, development, delivery and monitoring of sustainable learning pathways for employees. By working collaboratively with our teams and their Leaders across the Ministry, you will support in further developing people capability to align with the aspirations, and delivery of valued services to our Pacific People.
A key component of this role will be developing the evaluating learning approach and methodology, processes and practice for the People and Culture team to ensure the right delivery of learning enables upskilling of all Ministry staff in the right topics. The Senior Advisor will ensure a consistent approach is adopted and embedded. You will provide thought leadership and work with the design and development of learning approaches and delivery to make recommendations for the future of Ministry staff.
Working for us and Pacific Aotearoa Lalanga Fou
The Ministry for Pacific Peoples make a significant contribution to improve outcomes for Pacific People. We bring the Pacific voice, perspective and understanding into the fabric of New Zealand government. We are the guardians and the caretakers of Pacific knowledge, culture, and identity, and we support and take stewardship over our Pacific communities and peoples. We have a key role in developing cross government collaboration and coordination of government’s Pacific investments.
As a Learning and Development specialist, you will bring:
- demonstrated experience in learning and development planning and advice, developing and implementing a learning and development plan that ensures the effective and on-going development of the Ministry’s organisational capability
- identifying appropriate learning and development practices, policies and tools that will enable the Ministry to achieve its strategic goals and vision and lead the implementation of processes to support these
- partner with our Leaders and Managers across the Ministry to identify learning and development needs and developing a plan to prioritise and meet these needs, including by conducting training needs analysis as required
- experience in evaluating learning and development initiatives and making recommendations for improvement to ensure best practice and effectiveness of the initiatives
- professional experience and expertise to assist in the development, review, and delivery of learning and development initiatives
- manage relationships with external providers responsible for delivering key learning solutions when required, working with the Director, People and Culture to use appropriate procurement processes and working collaboratively
What you will bring to the role:
- Well demonstrated experience in Education, Adult Learning and Development, Psychology and related disciplines), ideally with tertiary qualification (but not essential)
- Solid experience working with learning and/or training frameworks and programmes
- Experience and adult capability development programmes
- Proven adult facilitation and/or training skills. remote training an advantage
- Proven experience in working autonomously and building capability across a diverse geographic region
- A natural and comfortable alignment with our Pacific Lalanga Fou goals and Pacific competencies – we work collectively and in collaboration
- Highly motivated, self-directed and performance driven, bringing an enthusiastic and confident approach to your work
Working for us
At the Ministry for Pacific Peoples, we offer attractive employment benefits including market salary, flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. Whilst the work is challenging, you be rewarded by contributing to positive outcomes with a focus on better outcomes for our Pacific People.
If you would like more information, please email email@example.com quoting the position title in the subject. Applications will be reviewed throughout advertising and we may reach out to you if further information is required.
Applications close on Monday, 25 January 2021.