The newly formed Organisational Strategy & Performance team is a small, agile group that works alongside leaders across the Ministry to help shape organisational strategy and make better decisions as Oranga Tamariki builds its operating model in the coming years.
The team is also responsible for producing and managing key strategic documents, including our annual report and our outcomes framework.
About the role:
You’ll be a critical part of a small team, working alongside some of the best analytical, research, policy, and financial minds in Government, supporting us to answer questions like:
• How do we reconcile differing points of view and priorities, to make sure Oranga Tamariki our day to day operations deliver real outcomes for the diverse children and families we work with?
• How do we best partner with Iwi, Māori organisations, and NGOs to devolve powers, get results, and find agreement on shared outcomes?
• How do we organise ourselves as a Ministry to make sure we follow through on what we said we’d do?
• What tools and information do our operations need to link between our conceptual strategic direction, and their day to day work on the ground?
• What’s the right balance between competing ways to make decisions, and how do we synthesis evidence, analytics, tikanga Māori, and policy direction to produce an actionable strategy?
• How do we share information and data with partners to build a collective understanding of how to best support the families in a community?
And plenty more. You’ll be producing products and advice across a diverse range of areas – this is an opportunity to get exposure to activities right across a complicated Ministry in the middle of a wide-reaching transformation process.
At Oranga Tamariki we want to transform the lives of New Zealand tamariki. We have a big journey ahead of us, in order to make it happen we need the right people who are authentic about driving meaningful change, through truly believing in our passion and purpose. Now is an exciting time to be part of this future focused progression.
What we offer:
Aotearoa NZ is the only place in the world where our unique indigenous culture and language exist. Oranga Tamariki is committed to a greater understanding of the partnership between Māori and non-Māori, recognising and celebrating our differences as well as the things that bind us together.
How to apply:
Please note all applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any questions please contact us through HR_Recruit@ot.govt.nz
Applications close: 10 November 2019