Would you like to make a difference for young people? Be able to influence change at a strategic and operational level that will improve outcomes for young people?
We have an exciting opportunity for two Senior Advisor’s (permanent) to join our Youth Service team, based in Wellington.
The Youth Service supports young people aged 16 to 19 to engage in education, training, and work-based learning, and to have the life skills to be a successful contributing member of the community.
The Senior Advisor supports the National Manager by way of focusing on the design, development and implementation of standards and best practices for the Youth Service. This will be achieved at a strategic level through a mix of proactive and reactive responses with internal and external stakeholders.
The primary purpose of the position is to:
• Provide on-going support and quality advice to the National Manager and other internal and external stakeholders
• Lead projects / initiatives or work programmes, providing strategic and operational advice
• Develop, identify and report national trends and issues impacting on the quality of the Youth Service and practice. This includes providing high quality, balanced analysis and reports
• Effectively monitor, analyse Youth Service performance and achievement of outcomes
• Build relationships with key community organisation, government agencies, education institutions to achieve the outcomes for the Youth Service and young people engaged in the service
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• The ability to engage and develop effective working relationships with a range of key stakeholders at all levels
• Competent working knowledge and experience of improving, designing and implementing new systems, processes that are client-centric
• Led successful change projects, initiatives or work programmes
• Analytical skills and experience in monitoring, analysis and risk management
• The political nous and urgency to deliver on time
• Excellent writing ability and initiative
How to apply:
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. Your cover letter should address how you have demonstrated the key responsibilities in the job description. If you are a Ministry of Social Development employee, please apply through your myHR portal.
Applications close 5.00pm Monday 9th March 2020
To find out more information: http://www.youthservice.govt.nz/