negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: Policy & analysis
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 27-FEB-20
- Job Reference: 22302
- Job Title: Senior Analyst – Earthquake Commission Policy Team
- Business Unit:
Fantastic opportunity to shape the evolution of New Zealand’s future disaster risk insurance arrangements.
- Are you a talented Senior Analyst looking to take the next step in your career?
- Be part of a supportive, enthusiastic and high performing team
- Further develop your analytical skills on complex and high profile policy issues
The Treasury has an opportunity for an experienced Senior Analyst to join our Earthquake Commission (EQC) Policy team. The team has an exciting programme of work ahead of them and are looking for a dedicated policy professional to help them achieve their goals.
In our team you will be surrounded by passionate and curious people responsible for shaping ongoing responses to the Canterbury and Kaikoura earthquakes, and the evolution of the EQC scheme to ensure that it reflects lessons from previous events and supports government’ preparedness, mitigation and response to future natural disasters. In this role, you can expect an active programme of substantive policy work and engagement with Ministers.
You’ll also have the opportunity to
- Lead or contribute to the Treasury’s policy advice related to the EQC, its legislation and policy issues arising from the Canterbury earthquakes
- Regularly engage with Ministers and senior officials across the public sector
- Enhance your relationship management skills by working collaboratively with a range of agencies on insurance related issues, including the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, EQC, Ministry of Justice and Crown Law
- Connect with stakeholders outside of Government, particularly within the insurance sector
What you’ll bring
- Well-developed written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate complex issues and concepts clearly, succinctly and with influence
- Critical thinking and strong analytical ability
- Experience working collaboratively with others to develop agreed solutions
- An ability to drive discussion and view issues from different perspectives
- Excellent organisational skills
- At least 5 years’ experience providing sound policy, economic or legal advice
An understanding of general economic or regulatory concepts and the policy development process (including advising Ministers) would also be advantageous but is not essential.
We can offer
- The chance to hone your analytical skills in a supportive and collaborative environment
- Significant scope to bring new ideas and thinking into policy discussions
- Opportunities to coach junior staff and assist in team leadership
- The chance to prepare yourself for your next role through stretch opportunities, a focus on personal development, and a range of personalised training
At the Treasury, we pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and understand the importance of a work environment where people are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential. We value diversity among our employees and encourage a positive work/non-work balance with flexible work arrangements.
This is a permanent role, however we will also consider candidates interested in a secondment opportunity. The appointment range for this role is $112,837 – $132,749.
Applications close on Thursday 12 March. All applications must be made online.
Please see the attached Job Description for further detail and for more information please contact Nicholas DeBono, Team Assistant, Earthquake Commission Policy team at Nicholas.DeBono@treasury.govt.nz.