negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: Policy & analysis
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 03-MAR-20
- Job Reference: 22642
- Job Title: Senior Analyst – Transitions, Regions and Economic Development
- Business Unit:
Fantastic opportunity to shape policy towards the transition to a low-emissions economy while enabling innovative industries and thriving and sustainable regions.
- Contribute to the Treasury’s advice to the Government on climate change, science and innovation, regional economic development and enterprise policy
- Further develop your analytical skills on complex and high profile policy issues
- Be part of a supportive, dynamic and high performing team
The Treasury is the New Zealand Government’s lead economic and financial advisor. Our vision is to be a world-leading Treasury working towards higher living standards for New Zealanders. We currently have an opportunity available for a dedicated policy professional to join the Transitions, Regions and Economic Development (TRED) team.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to, the Treasury’s integrated economic and policy advice on transition-related issues including climate change, science and innovation, regional economic development and enterprise policy
- Regularly engage with Ministers and senior leaders across the public sector
- Enhance your relationship management skills working with a range of agencies in the economic and natural resources sectors
- Connect with key stakeholders outside of Government.
What you’ll bring:
- Well-developed written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate complex issues and concepts clearly, succinctly and with influence
- Aptitude for critical thinking and a strong analytical ability
- Experience working collaboratively with others to develop agreed solutions
- Comfortable working at pace and dealing with ambiguity
- An ability to drive discussion and view issues from different perspectives.
An understanding of general economic concepts, the policy development process (including advising Ministers), and good regulatory practice would be advantageous.
We can offer:
- The chance to hone your skills in a supportive and collaborative environment
- Significant scope to bring new ideas and thinking into policy discussions
- Opportunities to coach junior staff and assist in team direction
- The chance to prepare yourself for your next role through stretch opportunities, a focus on personal development, and a range of personalised training.
At the Treasury, we pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and understand the importance of a work environment where people are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential. We value diversity among our employees and encourage a positive work/non-work balance with flexible work arrangements.
This is a permanent role, however we will also consider candidates interested in a secondment opportunity. The appointment range for this role is $112,837 – $132,749.
Applications close – Sunday 15 March. All applications must be made online.
Please see the attached Job Description for further detail and for more information please contact Ashley Smith, Team Assistant at Ashley.Smith@treasury.govt.nz.