negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Auckland
- Date Advertised: 21-DEC-20
- Job Reference: NZ/1503259
- Job Title: Senior Business Analyst National Programmes
- Business Unit:
Senior Business Analyst - National Programmes Regional Partnerships
- Flexible working location (Wellington or Auckland) bringing strong engagement across Pacific communities
- Strong analysis skills where you will gather requirements in a collaborative and consultative way
- Understanding of employment and/or education that delivers business insights to the programme
A rare opportunity has arisen for a talented and seasoned Business Analyst who brings a passion for business analytics that includes information data intelligence with financial reporting. This role will support the Ministries large programmes and provide valuable insights that supports business innovation, growth and accountability around spend and performance.
One of the large programmes is Tupu Aotearoa (https://www.mpp.govt.nz/what-we-do/tupu-aotearoa/) which is a significant programme that helps Pacific people find employment, complete further training or study. As a seasoned Senior Business Analyst, you will bring strong analyses skills with the building of requirements to broaden, extend and promote programme deliverables that support the team with our Lalanga Fou goals and objectives. It would be ideal if you had insights to employment and/or education analyses.
A ‘day in the life’ in this role:
- Deliver business analysis within and across the programmes – bringing business insights through gathering requirements for programme improvement, growth and success across our Pacific communities
- Elicit requirements and delivery design and development for implementation of various processes, reports and programme deliverables
- Engage with stakeholders (internally and externally) to undertake in-depth analysis of the data produced across the programme to share key insights that can be turned in to actionable results
- Manage the data models across the Programme providing business cases, reports and briefing to key stakeholders
- Assist with cross-agency government engagement that ensure the right information is made available to wider Policy teams that promote programme value and success
- An understanding of government and policy background would be beneficial
- Analytical skills, with a financial lens, that ensures investment decisions for the programme produce high quality advice in a clear and impactful way
To be successful you will bring:
- Exceptional business analysis skills ideally working in either employment or education or certainly within a social outcomes programme
- A working style that is collaborative and appropriate when engaging with our Pacific communities as well as our programme teams
- A passion for developing business solutions to challenging, but meaningful issues for our Pacific people
- Experience working in an analytical role in a policy, economic or social environment
- Understanding how New Zealand government and public sector works, particularly in policy and business case development
- Comfortable with both qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills, including communicating solutions to complex issues in a simple and accessible way
Working for us
At the Ministry for Pacific Peoples, we offer attractive employment benefits including market salary, healthcare insurance for permanent employees, flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. Whilst the work is challenging, you will be rewarded by contributing to positive outcomes with a focus on better outcomes for our Pacific People. At the Ministry for Pacific Peoples, we recognise that diversity, inclusion, and accessibility is important to our business. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation for our Pacific People and achieve our Lalanga Fou goals. Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect, and connection with the communities where we work – benefiting individual employees and our Pacific People across New Zealand.
If you would like more information, please email email@example.com quoting the position title in the subject.
Applications will be reviewed throughout advertising (over the Christmas and New Year break) and we may reach out to you if further information is required.
Applications close on Monday, 25 January 2021.