negotiable / month
- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 19-FEB-20
- Job Reference: NZ/WA0XUF
- Job Title: Senior Commercial Manager – six month contract (Wellington)
- Business Unit:
Commercial Manager – six months contract opportunity
- Wellington based contract opportunity
- Large complex organisation
- Join a supportive and inclusive team
ACC’s vision is to create a unique partnership with every New Zealander, improving their quality of life by minimising the incidence and impact of injury. Here at ACC we’re at the early stages of Agile working and want you to be part of our journey! This role will support ACC’s Agile approach and provide support to the organisation on the adoption of an Agile mindset and practices.
The Commercial Manager role is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and experienced professional who has experience in providing contract and commercial advice and capability in the development, negotiation and maintenance of complex contracts with multiple ICT partners. Commercial advice will focus on contracting within an Agile methodology, and how to best enable Cloud uptake, as these become the strategic focus within IT&A.
In this role, you will have the chance to utilise your proven experience working in a commercial environment and your ability to build strong business relationships across all levels. We are looking for someone with demonstrated relevant experience with IT legal, commercial and negotiation skills.
What we’re looking for:
- An ideal minimum of seven years experience negotiating and managing contract life cycles, with an emphasis on technology and/or ICT service agreements
- Experience working in an ICT commercial environment in a large complex organisation (ideally across both government and private sectors) and a sound understanding of the Government rules of sourcing
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships, including the ability to influence at a senior level
- Experience in successfully building and managing strategic supplier relationships
- Experience in one or more IT categories, including hardware, software, service and communication
- Ability to produce well-structured and easily understood documentation and make persuasive presentations that can be understood by all relevant stakeholders
- Sound understanding of risk management in the corporate environment including principles, methods and techniques for the effective management of risk
- Knowledge and proven application of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- Proven business acumen and good judgment applied in commercial management and procurement
- Ability to plan and deliver outcomes that are reliant on a large number of people working collaboratively
- Ability to challenge thinking and identify process improvements in a positive, respectful and professional manner
- Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk
- Ability to make decisions and sound recommendations based on proper analysis, relevant information, key issues and relationships
- Proven planning and organisational skills, including the ability to delegate, meet deadlines, and work under pressure
At ACC, we recognise that diversity, inclusion and accessibility is important to our business. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect and connection with the communities where we work – benefitting individual employees and all our clients across New Zealand.
We would love to hear from you if you feel you are a good fit – applications will only be accepted when formally submitted through our ACC Career Website online.