negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 11-JAN-21
- Job Reference: NZ/1505563
- Job Title: Senior Communications Advisor
- Business Unit:
If you’re looking for your “why”, then come and join us at the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC). We truly believe in the transformational benefits of education and vocational training and as a result we invest more than $3 billion every year in tertiary education and training, and seek to lift the aspirations and skills of all New Zealanders from ages seven to 70.
We’re looking for a Senior Communications Advisor to join our Strategic Communications team to help us to plan, develop, and deliver written and visual content in an effective way across a range of internal and external platforms.
What will you be doing?
- Planning, delivering and at times leading communications for some of our priority projects.
- Proactively building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Finding stories which demonstrate TEC’s priorities, messages, and the difference we make and supporting us to share them with stakeholders or our people in an engaging way. This will include finding imaginative ways of communicating such as video and images.
- Assisting in the day-to-day co-ordination of communications of key messages internally and externally, through a variety of channels including in person events.
- Writing, posting, monitoring and measuring, and reporting the effectiveness of communications channels, including social media posts and website news stories.
- Be part of the operation of a 24/7 media roster.
What will you bring to the role?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to simplify complex ideas and content without losing meaning.
- A friendly, positive personality balanced with calm professionalism and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ideally, experience of working in government to the table and understanding our role as part of NZ government.
- The ability to adapt styles to suit different channels and audiences and a creative attitude to problem solving and content creation.
- Ability to work collaboratively within the team, across the organisation and with our partner agencies.
What will you get in return?
- An opportunity to work in a motivated team whose purpose is to develop comms that inspire and inform people – whether they are our colleagues, external stakeholders or learners.
- A supportive manager and team, keen to invest in your professional development.
Applications close on 1 February 2021. For more information or any questions, please contact email@example.com
The TEC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. We look forward to your application.