Permanent, full time
Based in Ellerslie, Auckland
This is a key operational role that supports the Auckland Regional Commissioner’s business plans and strategies through the provision of specialist contracting and contract management services.
About the team
You will oversee the Auckland Regional Contracts team who are based in Ellerslie. This team of professionals, work to ensure that any service provider contracts are developed, negotiated and monitored in a way that appropriately mitigates risks to the Ministry and the Auckland Regional operation.
The focal point of your practice will be to lead and support the Regional Contracts Managers, to provide a professional contract management service. You will frequently be reviewing work processes and create a culture of continuous improvement.
You will be someone who can motivate, coach, encourage and inspire your teams to succeed. Your ability to establish credibility and manage relationships across diverse internal and external audiences is evident. You will also be part of the Auckland Service Delivery Alignment group who work together on strategy development.
Successful experience in a lead role would be advantageous, as you will be responsible for leading the successful implementation of Regional and National initiatives.
• An ability to create a compelling vision that motivates the team to achieve
• Innovation, with the ability to strategically position the team to maximise results
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organisational and planning skills
• Flexible, pragmatic with sound problem-solving skills
• Successful experience in management / leadership roles
You will be involved in;
• strategy development
• national and regional contract management
• risk management
• performance monitoring and reporting
• recruitment and training
• performance management, individualised coaching and advancing team professional development
Applications close: Friday 28th February 2020 at 11:59pm. We anticipate a lot of interest in this role and will not be accepting late applications.
It is expected that a current CV and cover letter are included with your application. In your cover letter, please tell us what your long-term vision for this role is.
Take some time to read and understand the position description before applying. This will help you work through a response to include with your cover letter.
For any further discussion about the role, direct your query to Helen, EA to the Regional Commissioner, on 09 916 1789.