- Job Type:
- Category: Education & Training
- Location: Hawkes Bay
- Date Advertised: 03-FEB-21
- Job Reference: EDU/1510213
- Job Title: Senior Education Advisor
- Business Unit:
Senior Education Advisor – Schools / Kura
Hawke’s Bay/Tairāwhiti region
Permanent, Full-time position available
Are you currently in the education sector and are interested in new challenges and opportunities?
Now is an exciting time at the Ministry of Education. We are in the midst of a positive change initiative that’s setting a platform for New Zealand’s young learners to be the best they can be. Our vision is to ensure New Zealand has an education system that achieves equity and excellence for all students.
We have a fulltime permanent position available based in either our Napier or Gisborne offices.
This role will give you the opportunity as part of the Ministry of Education’s regional team to work directly with school/kura leaders, Kāhui Ako and Boards on strengthening educational performance and improving learner outcomes.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Skills and experience in making a direct contribution to student achievement in English and/or Māori medium primary or secondary schools/kura.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with student achievement data to determine needs and priorities.
- Experience in developing and implementing projects.
- An ability to develop strong working relationships both within and outside the Ministry of Education.
- Understanding of factors which influence achievement and participation.
- An understanding of Ka Hikitia, the Pasifika Education Plan and Success for All and how these key strategies positively impact on student achievement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A current full driver’s licence is essential.
If this position interests you please apply now using the ‘Apply Online’ button.
You can view a job description above or for further information please contact:
Viv Mulligan at email@example.com or Bianca Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 14 February 2021.