Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
This is your opportunity to Strengthen and Grow Stantec’s Electrical Discipline by joining us as a Snr Electrical Engineer.
About the role:
• We are looking for a driven individual to strengthen and grow our Electrical Discipline across New Zealand.
• You will be based in our vibrant Dunedin office. However, we are open to other locations depending on the applicant.
• You will be part of our dynamic team working closely with our clients and deliver designs whilst enjoying the awesome Dunedin City lifestyle and office culture.
• This is an exciting opportunity for a professional engineer with a proven track record of successfully delivering projects and working collaboratively with clients and colleagues. You will be working on our industrial, power, hydro and infrastructure projects, not only locally, but across New Zealand and the wider Asia Pacific region.
• You will work and collaborate with our Principal Engineers and Group Managers to support and grow the business.
• You will be supported by a team of Electrical Designers, CAD and Graduate Engineers.
• This is your opportunity to grow or reinforce your abilities as a strong technical and delivery leader.
What you need to bring
• Our preferred candidate for this role will have proven technical experience in diverse aspects of Electrical Engineering for infrastructure and industrial projects.
• An understanding and experience with M.V. and L.V. Power systems and design in NZ or Australia.
• You will have competencies in 1 or more niches Engineering areas that you can promote, maintain and contribute to our technical capability.
• You will enjoy working as a team, communicate well with others and have the ability to influence others drawing on your strong communication skills.
• You will have proven experience in leading diverse teams and manging team delivery.
• You will understand the tools, including the benefits and limitations for design including Electrical CAD and modelling software.
• You will be experienced dealing with a range of clients and stakeholders including local authorities, government bodies and commercial companies.
• You will have strong client facing skills developed from your previous experience.
• In this exciting position, your own self-management skills will be as important as your technical and project management ones. You will need to be able to prioritize workloads whilst maintaining strong and trusting working relationships with our Clients’ and colleague’s both locally and across the broader Stantec team.
• You will be able to work with remote teams to deliver projects to local clients.
• Key requirements are a BE Electrical or equivalent, plus a minimum of 10 years professional experience in the consulting or engineering industry.
• CPEng or equivalent is preferred but not essential.
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Continuance Insurance (ICI) – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.