negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 08-OCT-20
- Job Reference: NZ/1487972
- Job Title: Senior Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive
- Business Unit:
Nau mai haere mai ki te manatū whakahiata ora
- Are you an exceptional Senior Executive Assistant?
- Are you solutions-focused?
- Do you go the extra mile and anticipate what is needed – even before you are asked?
- Can you juggle multiple priorities in a pressured environment?
This is an exciting opportunity to provide dedicated support to the Chief Executive of the Ministry of Social Development (MSD). MSD plays a key role in the social sector, working directly with New Zealanders of all ages to improve social wellbeing. We provide policy advice and deliver social services and assistance to young people, working age people, older people, and families, whānau and communities to improve social wellbeing. We are a busy organisation with a wide reach and impact and as a result don’t expect any two days as a Senior EA to the CE to be the same.
This role is more than just diary and email management. The Chief Executive you will be responsible for is responsible for delivering a large, varied and fast paced work programme. You will need to be two steps ahead with your support. She is looking for a Senior Executive Assistant who is dynamic, who has a high level of initiative and drive, is collaborative and can work across the broader public service.
You’ll be an important member of the wider CE Office and will need to work as part of a team, look to add value, bring a calm and positive approach. You will need to be approachable and have excellent interpersonal communication skills. To be successful in the role you will:
- Be flexible and adaptable to frequent changes in priorities and demands
- Anticipate and fulfil the needs of the Chief Executive without requiring high levels of direction
- Build excellent relationships with people at all levels across the organisation
- Have outstanding organisational skills – be detail-oriented and proactive
- Enjoy working in a fast pace environment
- Have excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Be willing to go the extra mile – always willing to learn
If this sounds like you then please apply online with your CV and cover letter. Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience and capability relates to the competencies listed in the position description.
Current MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as an internal candidate.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any further questions about the role, please contact Kieran Crickmar (Recruitment Partner) at Kieran.email@example.com
Applications close: Sunday 25 October 2020
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process