negotiable / month
- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Category: Facilities/Asset Management
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 30-OCT-19
- Job Reference: 122_1572407238
- Job Title: Senior Facilities Management Advisor
- Business Unit:
- Fixed Term until April 2020
- Wellington based role
Join a team who takes pride in providing excellent service for the benefit of the wider Inland Revenue (IR) business.
IR’s Facilities Management (FM) business unit provides fit for purpose, value for money FM solutions which are underpinned by our vision statement “Excellence in Facilities Management within the New Zealand State Sector”. Our role within IR is to provide agreed cost-effective FM services that meet customer and stakeholder needs.
As a Senior FM Advisor in the Business Services team, you will play a critical part in delivering results that contribute to improving the efficiency and effectiveness of FM at Inland Revenue. You will work as part of the leasing team that provides lease management across our national leased office accommodation portfolio.
You will manage a number of leases within Inland Revenue lease portfolio including, but not limited to:
- Involvement in the negotiation process for the leasing of new premises
- Assisting in the drafting of lease documentation
- Rental reviews
- Lease renewals
- Lease expiries
- Preparation of internal and external approval papers
- Respond to a wide variety of lease issues and escalations
- Build relationships with key internal stakeholders to ensure the organisations business objectives are met
- Assist in the preparation of the various financial reports to meet IR’s internal and external reporting requirements
- Update the rental budgets as required
- Update the portfolio databases as required
- Build and maintain relationships with:
- Other Crown agencies
- External professionals (valuation/legal/engineering)
To be effective in achieving the objectives and expectations for the role you will need to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Strong experience in public and/or private sector commercial leasing
- Experience in dealing with leasing/property professionals
- An understanding of legal documentation relating to the leasing of commercial office space
- A high level of computer skills and experience using the Microsoft suite of products
- Ability to work under pressure, “can do” attitude, strong self-management skills and excellent time management skills
- Well-honed communication and presentation skills with the ability to tailor your message to a varied audience
- An ability to deal with concepts and complexity comfortably. You will need to be intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- A creative mind, natural curiosity, and business savvy and an ability to grasp strategic concepts.
To apply, please provide your current CV and a concise covering letter outlining the skills, knowledge and experience you can bring to the role.
Once you click ‘Apply’ you will be linked to the IR Careers website where you can reach out to the IRDCareers email to request a copy of the Job Description.
Applications close on 12th November at 5.00pm