- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Manawatu – Wanganui
- Date Advertised: 04-FEB-21
- Job Reference: NZ/037R
- Job Title: Senior Food Technologist
- Business Unit:
College of Sciences
Due to Covid-19 and the worldwide pandemic, we are currently only accepting applications from New Zealand Citizens, New Zealand Residents who are either residing in New Zealand or overseas OR applicants who hold a valid work visa and are currently living in New Zealand.
The School of Food and Advanced Technology at Massey University in Palmerston North is looking to appoint a Senior Food Technologist to cover a maternity leave period, on a full-time, fixed-term contract for six months. The senior food technologist will lead the successful completion of commercially-funded product and process development projects undertaken by the Food Innovation and Food Pilot teams to drive growth within the food and beverage sectors with the potential to add significant value to the New Zealand economy.
We are looking for someone who has an enthusiasm for the food industry, food product and process development and the NZ commercial environment to join our team.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- design experimental plans thoroughly based on science and technology, clear ability to design lab-based analytical methods
- prepare well-written proposals and costings in response to project briefs as well as comprehensive project reports on their completion
- have a solid knowledge on a broad range of aspects of food science and technology including food material science, product and process development, shelf life and sensory
- demonstrates agility yet thoroughness across multiple activities
- demonstrates a logical approach to problem-solving
- have the ability to interact professionally and respectfully with a diverse group including industry clients, university academics and technicians, students, executives and managers.
- Ideally three to five years experience in a food technologist role
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team on complex projects
- Food processing, product and/or process development (desirable)
- Microsoft Office suite of products
- Project management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work independently or part of a team
- Be flexible, show initiative and be resourceful
- Tertiary qualification in food technology or similar; ideally a post-graduate qualification in food science, technology or similar
If you are ready to join us in making a difference – apply now!
Closing date: 18 February 2021
Reference number: CS_SFAT_037_01/21
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz