negotiable / month
- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Category: Accounting & finance
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 13-FEB-20
- Job Reference: 223_1581563778
- Job Title: Senior Management Accountant/Advisor
- Business Unit:
- Fixed term or Secondment until September 2020
- Great opportunity, come and join us
At Inland Revenue we have a lot going on, including business as usual, and we want you to be a part of it. Our Business Partnering and Portfolio Finance team are looking for enthusiastic people to join our Wellington team. You will be part of a positive team working in an exciting environment.
In this role you will:
- work closely with others to ensure that accounting implications are clearly understood by our key stakeholders
- provide expert financial analysis and advice, supporting our month end financial reporting processes
- prepare monthly reporting, and the development of internal budgets, forecasts.
- Support cost centre holders and project managers with self-service over the next several months.
To be successful you will have:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent relationship management skills
- The ability to present data in a meaningful way to key stakeholders
- Well-developed financial, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Government accounting experience or providing strong financial advice to senior leaders within a large organisation (preferred)
- Fixed Asset experience (desirable)
- Project Accounting experience (desirable)
A relevant qualification and/or relevant experience is preferred.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Please ensure you have discussed this secondment with your current Manager and gained approval before applying.
To start an application click the ‘Apply online’ button and include a copy of your current CV and a concise covering letter outlining what you can bring to the role.
For more information, please click on the link to see the Job Expectation (JE#1180).
Applications close end of business 26 February 2020.