negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 24-FEB-20
- Job Reference: NZ/1452687
- Job Title: Senior Operational Strategy Advisor
- Business Unit:
If you’re looking for your “why”, then come and join us at the Tertiary Education Commission – Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua. We truly believe in the transformational benefits of education and vocational training and as a result we invest $3 billion a year in tertiary education and training, and seek to lift the aspirations and skill base of all New Zealanders from ages 7 to 74.
We’re seeking Senior Advisors to contribute to key projects in our Operational Strategy team. The team’s focus is on developing one-to-two year initiatives that will help achieve the TEC’s longer-term goals and the Tertiary Education Strategy.
What will you be doing?
- Leading and supporting operational strategy projects to ensure we achieve our longer-term strategic goals to shape and influence the tertiary education and the careers systems.
- Helping to develop and communicate the TEC’s strategic priorities for our annual $2.8 billion investment round and supporting our engagement with the sector and decision-making.
- Using and gathering data and information from our customers – learners, industry bodies, education providers and others in the public sector – to develop implementable strategy.
- Working closely with the Ōritetanga Learner Success Team to make a difference for Māori and Pacific learners.
- Collaborating across the TEC and with other agencies such as the Ministry of Education, MBIE, and NZQA.
What can you bring?
- Great critical thinking and writing skills to enable you to tell the story of the ‘what and why’ of the strategies we deliver.
- Relationship-building skills that enable you to get the most out of interactions with colleagues and customers.
- An ability to select and understand information to support the development of robust strategies and options.
- Strategy or implementation experience at an Advisor or Senior Advisor level. Ideally, you will have been involved in successful public sector projects from initiation through to implementation.
What will you get in return?
- The chance to make an impact on a recently established team operating in an environment that is ready for change. Your work will have a meaningful, direct effect on tertiary education and careers products and services in the coming one-to-two years.
- $85k-100k+, depending on relevant experience.
- The TEC offers a range of benefits including flexible working options, a wellness programme, and the ability to purchase extra leave.
How to apply:
To apply, click the ‘Apply’ button, complete the online application form and submit your CV and Cover Letter outlining your suitability.
Applications close 8 March 2020.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact HR@tec.govt.nz
The TEC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. We look forward to your application.