Mēnā e hiahia ana koe ki te mahitahi ki Ngāi Māori, āta pānuihia te kaupapa nei.
We are looking for an internal secondment to fill 12 months maternity leave.
In this role you will
• Work on social policy issues that make a direct difference for whānau, hapū iwi and Māori
• Join a small, dynamic team who are passionate about the work they achieve
Te Manatū Whakahiato Ora/About MSD
The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) is the lead agency for the social sector. MSD provides policy advice, and delivers social services and assistance to young people, working age people, older people, and families, whānau and communities. We work directly with New Zealanders of all ages to improve their social wellbeing.
Te tīma/About our Team
Māori, Partnerships and Programmes focus on building strong and resilient whānau, hapū, iwi and communities utilising a range of prevention, community and social development approaches which lead to sustainable and long term outcomes.
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
The Government has signalled a significant reset of relations between Māori and the Crown and the need for the Crown to extend partnerships beyond the negotiation table. For MSD, this means we need to change that way we manage our existing and future partnerships with iwi/ Māori.
The Senior Policy Analyst, will gather and share insights to influence the development and documentation of policy and operational guidelines that will improve MSD’s engagement and partnerships with iwi/ Māori.
The Senior Policy Analyst will be comfortable engaging with Māori and Crown officials to develop partnerships and joint work programmes, including Treaty settlement negotiations, able to ensure the smooth functioning of cross agency meetings and be responsible for accurate recordkeeping.
Ngā pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will have:
• proven knowledge and experience of New Zealand social sector, in particular working with iwi/Māori
• good understanding Te Reo Māori me ona tikanga
• good understanding of the machinery of government and public sector processes
• knowledge and experience servicing Senior Public Executives and Ministers
• well-developed analytical, critical thinking and judgment skills
• ability to build constructive and effective relationships both internally and externally
• highly effective communication skills
• sound organisational and time management skills – flexible and pragmatic with the ability to plan and resolve situations in an environment of change
• ability to work under tight timelines and provide quality advice
Join our team today and see the work you do make a difference!
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the ‘Apply Now’ button to upload your CV and cover letter, and complete the online application form. All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 28th February 2020