New Zealand – Wellington, Wellington
**Alternate Locations** NZ – Wellington
AECOM is currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior / Principal level Resilience and Sustainability consultant, to join our Wellington or Auckland office, to lead a wide range of large scale resilience and sustainability projects, across a number of exciting, high-profile, city-shaping projects.
The role will lead the growth in the Resilience and Sustainability practice by developing and enhancing client relationships and winning work. This is an exciting opportunity to direct professional and technical staff on complex projects and provides technical leadership based on significant experience in sustainability, climate change risk and adaptation and resilience planning.
You will be required to have over 8-12 years of technical experience and meet the following criteria:
* Deep understanding and strategic outlook of how cities work (i.e. complex systems, multiple governance structures, mix of public/private service delivery, utility service provision etc.).
* The ability to mobilise AECOM’s local/global resources, in the interests of our clients
* The ability to quickly come up to speed on resilience as a technical work stream, and take a lead role in Wellington in helping others to understand it.
* Willingness to operate predominantly locally but in the context and interest of our much larger, broader global relationships
* Demonstrated commercial acumen, and the ability to develop a strong client base
* Relevant tertiary qualification
**What We Offer**
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
_NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM._
**_Job Category_** _Engineering – Environmental_
**_Business Line_** _Environment_
**_Country_** _New Zealand_
**_Position Status_** _Full-Time_
**_Requisition/Vacancy No._** _198363BR_
**_Clearance Required_** _No_
_Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status._