- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 28-JAN-21
- Job Reference: NZ/1509294
- Job Title: Senior Product Owner
- Business Unit:
Senior Product Owner
We’re seeking a Senior Product Owner to join us on our journey to build and implement careers tools with significant impact for all New Zealanders.
The TEC – Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua is a small Crown agency with a big job to do – ensuring New Zealanders have the skills and the knowledge they need to ensure lifelong success to build a great country. We lead the Government’s relationship with the tertiary education sector and provide career services to lift the aspirations and skill bases of all New Zealanders from ages 7 to 74.
What we are creating in the Careers space
As part of our commitment to improving the lives of New Zealanders we are launching the Tiro Whetū programme. Tiro Whetū will deliver an integrated, online career planning solution that will provide targeted, good quality, personalised career guidance for New Zealanders.
It is a solution that starts in secondary schools and then helps people as they move through different phases of their working lives. It will also be used in schools, TEO’s and across government agencies, to increase knowledge about jobs, careers and education for the long success as well as assisting in the recovery from the impact of COVID-19.
What will you be doing?
- Focussing on the Tiro Whetū programme up until the completion date of September 2022, after which you will be involved in ongoing development and other refinements.
- Owning the detailed vision for the Online Careers Planning Solution, including defining the lifetime goals of the product, in partnership with the Business Owner.
- Driving the roadmap for the product.
- Owning the execution of the product vision.
- Providing backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Working across the internal team and vendors to enable the successful design, development and implementation of the product.
What will you bring?
- Expertise in a similar role that will allow you to achieve the above – we are particularly interested in previous experience in large scale web products.
- Ability and passion for working on products that support varied, multi-cultural end users. Ideally you will have worked on products that have had wide ranging impacts for diverse end users in the past.
- An understanding of web and data technologies to allow you to effectively work on a data driven product.
- Experience in business to consumer product design and implementation.
What will you get in return?
- An opportunity to work on a meaningful programme of work that will help New Zealanders to plan and achieve a fulfilling career.
- Working with a dynamic and vibrant team.
- Our preference is for a permanent appointment, but we will consider contractors.
Applications close, Tuesday 9 February 2021. If this sounds of interest, please apply now, https://jobs.govt.nz/. For enquiries only, please contact HR@tec.govt.nz. Please note you must be a NZ citizen or have permanent residency to be considered for this role.