negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: Project managers
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 29-OCT-19
- Job Reference: 149456
- Job Title: Senior Project Manager
- Business Unit:
Who we are
Stats NZ Tatauranga Aotearoa aims to unleash the power of data to change lives by adding value to New Zealand s most important data, and we strive towards the goal of improving outcomes for all New Zealanders. We have been changing over the last couple of years, pushing the boundaries in how we do things while still recognising our role as a trusted Government agency.
The purpose of the role
We currently have an opening / openings for a Senior Project Manager(s) to join our Enterprise Portfolio Office in Wellington. We are looking for a motivated and experienced person who can lead priority projects incorporating both business change and IT delivery. This excellent opportunity will provide you with:
- A leadership position within a well-established team
- An opportunity to contribute to some exciting strategic changes
- A good work-life balance in a fun and exciting environment
- The opportunity to work with some great people, and contribute to the way we do things
We are looking for someone who:
- Is pro-active and enjoys working collaboratively with people to solve problems
- Can successfully manage projects through the full project lifecycle within the usual project constraints
- Can manage a team of multi-disciplined, cross location, people to deliver required outputs
- Can coach and lead your team and stakeholders in project management practices and disciplines
- Takes a lead role in building and managing stakeholder and project relationships
- Can support the management of strategic, meaningful and innovative engagement between StatsNZ and other key government data stakeholders and Te Ao Māori (particularly Key Strategic Partners).
- Actively participates in the project management centre of excellence to ensure consistently high standards of project management practice across the EPO
- Can communicate effectively across a broad range of audiences
- Has a sense of humour and good team spirit
We are looking for a motivated individual with:
- Minimum six years experience leading projects of increasing risk and complexity
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and influencing skills
- Demonstrated track record of successful project delivery
- Experience with project management and implementation with and within Te Ao Māori.
- Significant experience in stakeholder management including at the executive level
- Knowledge and experience with tikanga Māori and operating within Māori data contexts.
- Certification in MSP, PRINCE2, PMP or similar
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Great people skills who can work well with others
- Ability to translate customer needs or requirements into practical initiatives to improve services or develop new services
What s in it for you?
You ll be joining an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion or background can come do their best work. Our goal is to provide our staff with a working environment that provides them with the opportunity to:
- have challenging, varied and interesting work
- develop and grow their careers
- balance life and work, and
- work in an agile, dynamic and flexible manner.
We care about our people, and value your drive, energy and inquisitive nature. Bottom line, we are in search of real people that don t believe in the status quo and seek to add value every day.
If this job sounds like you, for a copy of the Position Description please click on or copy and paste the following link: https://bit.ly/347gvQi
For more information about this role please contact Kelly Cinque on cell ph:029 931 4653, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more about working for us see http://careers.stats.govt.nz/,
Applications close: Monday, 11th November 2019.