negotiable / month
- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Category: Project/Procurement/Risk Assurance
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 14-NOV-19
- Job Reference: 152_1573696057
- Job Title: Senior Risk Advisor
- Business Unit:
- 2-year fixed term opportunity
- Wellington based role
We contribute to the economic and social wellbeing of New Zealand by collecting and distributing money.
We want to become a world class revenue organisation recognised for service and excellence.
Our success relies on our values and culture:
Trust and integrity: we act with integrity, honesty and professionalism
Innovating to make a difference: we keep finding new ways to lift our performance and make compliance easier
Valuing people: we treat each other and our customers with respect
Working together: we work together and with other organisations to deliver better services and value
About our opportunity
We are seeking a skilled, self-motivated risk management specialist to help us implement and embed our intelligence-led risk management strategy. For us, intelligence-led means that:
- Risk management should be an inherent part of how we plan, prioritise, measure and gauge progress and conditions, adapt to circumstance and respond to emergencies, and that we intuitively do it effectively
- We’re confident that we are making good decisions based on quality information and analysis
- We aspire to a culture about risk where everyone feels empowered to speak up, to raise issues, to challenge the status quo, to make sure we have not overlooked or underestimated a risk or developed a blind spot.
To implement and embed our risk management strategy, we need to focus on four key areas:
- Build – Risk management frameworks, guidance and training, and collaborate in building related frameworks of Internal Controls and Assurance
- Facilitate – Support the organisation in performing its risk assessment and analysis, and the reporting of risk and development of insight
- Challenge – testing the status quo, norms and conventions to ensure emerging issues and blind spots are thoroughly considered and tested
- Foster – consider how to foster the development of an intelligence-led risk management culture
To help us be successful it is essential that you;
- Have strong relationship management, communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Can demonstrate your expert risk and assurance understanding and experience
- Have a strong customer focus, service-orientation and ability to work closely with the business to understand their needs, opportunities and challenges
- Can demonstrate high levels of integrity and honesty
- Possess the courage to challenge ‘the norm’ and the confidence to speak up
- Champion fairness and equity
- Have energy and drive – we want to ‘delight people with risk’
- Are open to new ideas and ways of working
- Are happy managing and prioritising competing demands.
To apply, please provide us with a detailed CV and cover letter explaining how your expertise matches what we’re seeking.
Please email to request a copy of the Principal Advisor Job Description.
If you require further information, please contact Marie Davis on 04 890 6303.
Applications close 27 November 2019.
Inland Revenue welcomes applicants from all walks of life and we want all our people to achieve their full potential. We support flexible working that meets the needs of our people and our business. Let us know if you need any information about the role or any support throughout the recruitment process.