AWS Solutions Architect
Come build the future with us! We are a company of builders with varying backgrounds, ideas and points of view who invent on behalf of our customers.
Do you love tackling new business challenges using cutting edge technology? Do you have a history of creatively solving traditional business challenges? Can you do it at pace and at scale?
As a Solutions Architect (SA) within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS within key customer accounts in the SMB space. We are looking for someone who is passionate about…
· Solving complex problems across a broad spectrum of IT disciplines
· Thinking BIG and help customers forge their vision of the future
· Exploring, learning and building on new technologies and discovering new ways of thinking
· Helping customers achieve meaningful business outcomes through use of technology
· Publicly sharing “the art of the possible” with customer, partners and communities
· Collaboration and whiteboarding of ideas
Your broad responsibilities will include owning the technical engagement and ultimate success of customer implementation projects, developing a deep expertise in AWS technologies, and broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will possess experience working in or leading teams at fast-moving companies within the tech industry; have customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior stakeholders. They should have a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to heads of technology, software developers, architects and technical teams. Candidates should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key technical member of the Solutions Architecture team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform
· Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria
· Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the SA community
· Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals
· Understand and use internal Amazon systems
· Building relationships at various levels within our customer organisations
· [SEGMENT – ANY OTHER SEGMENT SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS]
Want to learn more about being a Solutions Architect at AMAZON Web Services? Follow the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js21xKMFdww
What are we looking for?
· Describe a recent technology project that you built?
· Explain how you decide which tech to use to solve a given problem?
· Outline the key decisions you’d need to make when designing a distributed and scalable system?
· Whiteboard architectures for highly available, secure systems?
· Walk someone through the benefits and drawbacks of a microservices architecture?
· Run through the differences between various version control systems?
· Explain what a CDN is and what value it offers users?
If you answered “yes” to at least four of the above, we want to talk to you!
Why work at Amazon?
· A chance to work with some of the smartest people in tech today who like to have fun and make history
· Working on the cloud platform with the largest global footprint and the largest number of services available today – the “Toy Box” is HUGE
· Be part of the most Customer Obsessed company in the world!
To thrive in this roles it is anticipated that you will have:
· In depth experience with the design and implementation of distributed applications Experience with modern cloud architectures
· A drive to deliver the best outcome for your customer that goes beyond their expectations
· Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
· Degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent
· AWS Certifications would be advantageous