- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Manawatu – Wanganui
- Date Advertised: 05-FEB-21
- Job Reference: NZ/126R
- Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
- Business Unit:
The Infrastructure Team contributes to the objective of a single, integrated University by striving for robust, reliable, consistent, appropriate, efficient, and effective integrated technology systems and support structures.
Due to an internal promotion we are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join us in what will be an interesting and challenging few years.
Your key area of focus will be the ‘Infrastructure Platforms’ which in this case refers to the core IT platforms that underpin the University’s key business systems. These services include, but are not limited to, the installation, maintenance, and operation of on premise and cloud infrastructure, server operating systems, data storage, backups, disaster recovery, application delivery and monitoring.
Your key accountabilities:
Planning and Development, (including but not limited to):
- assisting in strategic planning and development of the University’s infrastructure platforms as required
- assisting in the development of appropriate policies and procedures relating to the University’s infrastructure platforms
- proactively investigate new products and technologies that may be of benefit to the University, and conduct research as required.
Operational/Technical (including but not limited to):
- maintain and support existing infrastructure systems
- undertake fault analysis and resolution of infrastructure related incidents.
- work with external suppliers for the resolution of incidents, and implementation of new services.
Project Work (including but not limited to):
- complete project work as allocated by Management.
You’ll have the following:
- At least four to five years of experience in the IT industry at an engineering level
- Experience working in a large, complex environment comprised of both cloud and on-premise infrastructure
- The ability to diagnose system failures, understand the underlying issues and resolve them
- Significant experience with managing virtual infrastructure (VMWare an advantage)
- Significant experience with managing public cloud platforms (Azure an advantage)
- Experience with Windows Server and Linux operating systems
- Experience with incident, problem, change, release, and capacity management process associated with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- A degree or similar qualification in an appropriate field. (Ideally)
- Ability and willingness to work from home if required
We are a motivated, close knit team and we look forward to having an enthusiastic, hard-working Senior Engineer join us!
In addition to a salary, Massey offers the following:
- Up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver Superannuation Scheme
- Five university holidays per year in addition to your annual leave
- Subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan for you and your family
- Discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation center and gym facilities
- Access to a wonderful on-Campus crèche /day care facilities for dependents of staff
- Comprehensive professional development and training programme
- University staff study provisions
We embrace diversity, talent and performance, and provide staff and students with an extensive range of opportunities to develop intellectually, professionally and personally.
Please feel free to contact Jamie Munn; Manager Infrastructure Support if you have any questions about the position. [email protected] or 06 951 6433.
Please submit your application on-line by the close off date, 11.30pm Sunday, 21 February 2021.
Interviews will take place the week beginning 1 March 2020.
Reference number: FT_ITSIP_126_01/21
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz