negotiable / month
- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Category: IT & computing
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 22-OCT-19
- Job Reference: EDU/1428177
- Job Title: Senior Test Analyst
- Business Unit:
Senior Test Analyst
The Ministry of Education has an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional looking for a 12 month fixed term Senior Test Analyst role. This role sits within the Ministry’s Testing Services team, which forms part of a much wider ICT capability. This is a dynamic team responsible for delivering functional testing for everything from maintenance and enhancements to defect fixes and large scale projects.
Senior Test Analysts are expected to drive and support all phases of the software testing lifecycle. This includes test planning, test design and preparation, test execution, test reporting as well as any close out activities.
The successful candidate will bring knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas:
- A sound understanding of the SDLC
- Experience with agile delivery methodologies (Scrum and Kanban etc)
- A strong understanding of the Software Testing Lifecycle
- Skilled in generating estimates
- Proven experience in writing test strategies and test plans
- Competent in undertaking requirements analysis and establishing test coverage
- Practiced in designing test sets, prioritising and providing general guidance
- Proficient in writing test cases/scripts and/or procedures
- Experienced with document reviews and ensuring industry standards are upheld
- Capable of performing defect management, including triage sessions, and reporting
- Skilled in executing system and system integration tests
- Proficient in regression testing and the maintenance of regression suites
- Practiced in generating progress reports and conducting stakeholder management
- Proven experience in writing Test Summary Reports
- Experience with using SQL for either data preparation or general querying
- Exposure to Postman and SOAPUI for REST and SOAP API testing
- Experience or awareness of data migration testing practices and tools
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good communication skills (both in written and oral form)
- Experience with mentoring/coaching other team members
- Ideally 5/6+ years of software testing experience
It is desirable, but not a pre-requisite, that the successful candidate has the following qualifications:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- ISTQB Foundation certified
- ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst certified
Exposure to (an understanding of) or proven experience in the field of automation scripting is also advantageous.
Please note that NZ residency is required.
The Ministry is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Applications close on 5 November 2019.