He Waka Eke Noa | Creating Great Together
BNZ Digital & Apps is a melting pot of teams who build and support our digital and core banking applications. We are united by a passion for making banking better for our customers – and we have been awarded the World’s Most Innovative Digital Bank- Global to prove it.
In Digital and Apps, we focus on finding innovative ways to help New Zealanders be good with money. We believe that starts with a culture where people work together to solve big issues across BNZ. We work with our colleagues across the bank to answer questions and ensure everyone feels empowered to make good decisions and things easy for our customers and our people.
The position of Senior Test Analyst exists to provide stability, availability and reliability of production platforms and applications through the planning and execution of functionally based user Testing.
This is a fixed term position through to May 2022.
Te Kaiurungi | About the Role
- Work with the Agile Team to analyse business processes, procedures and user requirements in order to establish system requirements
- Lead system/application test design including production of system and program documentation as well as ongoing maintenance. This includes both automated and functional manual testing, using a variety of tools and simulators
- Undertake testing activities in relation to software solutions ensuring that quality meets agreed specifications/requirements
- Create development and support documentation and provide advice regarding applications to enable support functions to operate effectively
- Resolve production incidents (through diagnosis, testing & applying fix) for assigned application/s
- Solid commercial IT experience and industry knowledge
- At least 7-10 years’ practical Testing Experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Banking / Finance industry knowledge
- Knowledge of CIF/BIS/mainframe based applications would be desirable
At BNZ, we’re passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results.
We know that every BNZer is unique, with a wide range of goals, ambitions, and lifestyles, so we offer a wide range of benefits and working styles to suit you.
- Oranga | Wellbeing: Your wellbeing is important to us. When we’re at our best, physically and mentally, in and out of work, we can truly create great things together. We’re here to support you to be your best with a number of wellbeing initiatives.
- Whakatā | Leave: We all need a bit of time off every now and then. At BNZ we’re proud to offer the generous leave options you need and deserve – whether it’s for a special occasion, an unexpected event, or an extended vacation.
- Whakatā | Flexibility: We’re big on helping you balance life and work. We offer a range of flexible working options that help you be your best, wherever you’re based. Talk to us about how we can make this work for you.
Haere mai ki Te Peke o Aotearoa | Come to the Bank of New Zealand
This is an exciting opportunity to join us! BNZ is an award winning, forward-thinking, diverse and inclusive organisation with an ambitious change agenda. We’re bold thinkers who are taking brave steps to create a company that people want to work for, and customers want to bank with. If you’re ready to progress your career with BNZ, apply now and help more New Zealander’s be good with money, so they can do great things with it.
Please note applications close Thursday 25 February 2021
Reference # 131492
Posted on 11 Feb 2021
Expertise Test/QA, Testing & Quality Assurance
Job level(s) Experienced/Professional
Work type(s) Fixed Term Full Time, Fixed term Full Time – flexible working
If this is your first time applying for a job at BNZ, it involves a simple two-step process.
- Registration. Create a user account, and upload your CV and desired employment criteria. You can login anytime to update your details, and track your job application status.
- Application. Complete a quick job related questionnaire. If you apply for future roles, you’ll only need to complete the second step.
Applications will be reviewed regularly across the advertising period, but we do reserve the right to close applications early.
After you’ve applied
Depending on which role you have applied for our recruitment process may vary slightly, but in most cases, will involve the following steps:
- You’ll receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Our recruitment team will review your application and get back to you within 1-2 weeks of the job closing.
- If shortlisted, you may be asked to complete some testing relevant to the position you have applied for, and/ or be invited to complete a phone or video based interview.
If you’re invited to complete a digital interview as the next stage of your application we’d love you to embrace it. Digital interviews allow more people the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities to the hiring manager in a new and innovative way giving you a better chance of securing your dream role. Relax, be yourself and don’t worry, we all feel a bit awkward in front of the camera.
- If successful, you’ll move through to the interview stage which may include a two-stage individual interview, or a group based assessment centre.
Please note, some roles may also require you to complete psychometric, verbal, numeric, and abstract reasoning tests during the recruitment process.