- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: Other
- Location: Auckland
- Date Advertised: 29-JAN-21
- Job Reference: MBIE/1509525
- Job Title: Senior Triage Officer
- Business Unit:
- Newly established role and function
- Show your exceptional analytical and operational skills in Employment Services
- Permanent position, Auckland CBD based
- Salary step is between 79k to 94k
About the role
The Senior Triage Officer reports to the Manager Triage and Allocation, Employment Services branch, which is part of the Te Whakatairanga Service Delivery business group.
The position is part of the team who are responsible for the triage, evaluation and allocation of contacts (complaints, requests and applications) on behalf of Employment Services regulatory functions and the delivery of reporting to inform compliance activity decisions.
This will include:
- Carrying out their functions to a high standard and in accordance with national consistency practice, operational policy and business process frameworks.
- Triaging and allocation of complaints, requests for resolution, enquiries and applications, ensuring quality and consistency in decision making and handling.
- Analysing complex data and information to reach conclusions.
- Identifying the appropriate regulatory response to each complaint or request for service and ensuring service delivery timeframes are met.
- Supporting the Manager to ensure quality and consistency of advice and practices
Skills and experience required:
- A proven track record of experience in developing and/or operating front line response, triage and/or allocation functions, complaint management, case management or similar.
- Good knowledge of the relevant legislation, operational policy, practice frameworks and business processes
- Knowledge of the Employment Relations Act and its related regulations and codes (or an ability to gain such knowledge quickly)
- Strong analytical ability and sound judgment
- Listening empathetically to people’s needs and concerns while remaining firm and professional as an impartial regulator, including managing conflict and aggression.
- Strong written communication, specifically writing clear and complete reports and recommendations
- Experience leading a geographically dispersed team and proven leadership skills
- Managing conflicting priorities and ensuring that commitments, complaints or requests are addresses within efficient and acceptable timeframes
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE’s purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. Email email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1509525 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 12 February 2021.
As we are reviewing applications throughout the advertising period and may close advertising sooner than stated we encourage you to apply Now!