negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: IT & computing
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 04-MAR-20
- Job Reference: 150551
- Job Title: Senior UX/UI Designer
- Business Unit:
The purpose of the role
As part of the Customer Experience unit, the Senior UX/UI Designer plays a key role in providing UX skills to ensure we understand the customer during the process of product development (e.g. website, data tools). You will be working with content designers and a product owner who have a strong focus on making things easier for our customers.
The Senior UX/UI Designer has a pivotal role in providing a solid understanding of the customer through research and testing products. With an increasing demand from our customers to improve the way we deliver our products, the Senior UX/UI Designer will provide key evidence to support decision-making during the product development process. The Senior UX/UI designer will have the ability to work with and build relationships across the organisation.
This is a very exciting time to be joining our team and be part of wider changes within the organisation. No two days will be the same in this influential and critical role in better understanding customer needs.
Focusing on development projects and shaping methods that will ensure a better customer experience, the Senior UX/UI Designer will:
- work closely with Customer Channels teams to support a range of initiatives
- provide expertise on projects that will improve our products for our customers
- lead customer testing and research that will be the source of truth for best practice across the organisation
- be the voice of external customers and work alongside others within the organisation to create success in what we deliver
- engage with customers to understand their needs and requirements
- embrace opportunities to work with other parts of the organisation, seeking opportunities to embed UX best practice
- work closely with other relevant UX experts across government to foster collaboration and governance
To succeed in this role, you will:
- lead research using a variety of user research and testing methods to reveal customer insights
- have a good understanding of product development and user testing methodologies
- have great communication and relationship management skills with both working with customers and influencing stakeholders
- be able to maintain a strong customer focus and understanding to inform development
- share learnings and developing best practice to support the organisation
- work in an agile development environment with statistical, designers, developers, and software teams to create customer-focused products and services.
As the Senior UX/UI Designer Product and User Experience, you will have the opportunity to:
- shape the way we work with the customer to develop and deliver high quality products
- work with a high quality multi-disciplinary team of experts of content designers and UX/UI consultants
- engage with customers using best practice methods to better meet their needs
- play a key role in promoting the organisational value delivered by the product and user experience team and the broader customer channels unit
- be part of a team that values transparency, integrity and collaboration
We re also offering a base salary for this role between $74,066 – $100,206 depending on the skills and experience you bring to the role.
If this job sounds like you, for a copy of the Position Description please click on or copy and paste the following link: : https://bit.ly/38ln6Ir. For more about working for us see http://careers.stats.govt.nz/
If this job sounds like you, please contact Steve Riley to discuss in confidence 027 275 4806 or Steve.Riley@stats.govt.nz
Applications close: Tuesday 24th March 2020