- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 02-FEB-21
- Job Reference: NZ/1510253
- Job Title: Service Designer
- Business Unit:
If you’re looking for your “why”, then come and join us at TEC. We truly believe in the transformational benefits of education and vocational training and as a result we invest $3 billion a year in tertiary education and training, and seek to broaden aspirations and lift the skill bases of all New Zealanders from ages 7 to 74.
The TEC internally, fellow government agencies, employers and industry are geared up for change across the careers and tertiary education systems, which is why we have a Product and Services Design Team responsible for designing system enhancing products and services. This team has the mandate to lead the design and development of products and services that will support New Zealanders making education and careers decisions throughout their lives. Therefore we are looking for a Service Designer to support our work on our exciting projects.
If you are an experienced Service Designer – this could be the role for you.
What will you be doing?
- Working on projects to design and deliver new and improved services and products.
- Translating product strategy, customer insight, analytics and executive direction into well thought out customer experiences that support TEC products and services.
- Customer research, co design and co creation with stakeholders and customers.
- Expanding your knowledge of and championing human-centred design practices in projects and across the wider organisation.
What will you bring to the role?
- Proven practical hands-on experience in Service Design, including designing customer centric services and experiences, practical experience with ethnographic based research and creating usable insights
- A passion for creative problem-solving using different design techniques and methods including problem definition, designing workshops and ideation techniques.
- Representing our customer voice in the design of products and services you help create through developing design artefacts such as journey maps, service blue prints and personas
- Proven ability to form strong relationships with your team, TEC stakeholders and customers.
- A strong belief in designing for customer needs and diversity.
What will you get in return?
- The opportunity to work on products and services that will have a positive impact on the lives on New Zealanders.
- Working with a vibrant and dynamic team.
- $80k – $93 depending on experience.
- The TEC offers a range of benefits including flexible working options.
Applications close on Wednesday 24 February.
If this sounds of interest, please apply now, https://jobs.govt.nz/. For enquiries only, please contact HR@tec.govt.nz. Please note you must be a NZ citizen or have permanent residency to be considered for this role