negotiable / month
- Job Type:
- Category: Education & Training
- Location: Auckland
- Date Advertised: 26-FEB-20
- Job Reference: EDU/1433785A
- Job Title: Service Manager
- Business Unit:
Learning Support Service Manager – Auckland NorthWest Region
Three Service Manager vacancies
1 permanent full time vacancy in the North/West region
1 permanent full time vacancy in the Maungawhau office
1 fixed term maternity leave vacancy (approx.1 year) in Botany office
This role presents an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work in an organisation committed to raising achievement and reducing disparity. We are in the midst of a positive change initiative that’s setting a platform for New Zealand’s young learners to be the best they can be.
You will lead and work with a committed professional team delivering a range of Learning Support specialist education services to children and young people. You and your team will work with early childhood providers and schools to strengthen inclusive practices, raise student achievement and deliver on communities’ aspirations. You will have a key role within the Learning Support Delivery Model (LSDM), facilitating the timely provision of services in response to local needs.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, and manage workload and resource issues
- The ability to work collaboratively within the context of the LSDM to achieve positive outcomes that draw on the combined resources and expertise of the sector, services, and wider community
- The ability to strengthen sector responses to neurodiversity and a wide range of learning support needs
- The ability to facilitate the effective use of tools, approaches and people resources that are prioritised within the Learning Support Action Plan
- Develop strong connections and networks across the Ministry, local education providers, iwi, communities and whānau to achieve educational priorities for the region
- Broker support from across the Ministry and other agencies to deliver joined up work programmes tailored to local needs
- Experience at influencing and leading innovation, people, programmes, and change
- Ability to assess needs, risks, and performance issues and address gaps proactively
- Ability to follow through and finish complex or sensitive tasks and issues.
- Reporting and assessing skills
- Ability to use and interpret data including the ability to use information to influence decisions
- A big picture view and ability to think strategically
- Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and its implications for the work of the Ministry of Education especially in matters relating to Māori development and the partnership values that flow from the Treaty
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Current full driver’s license
For further information please contact Eng Leong Lim, Manager Learning Support on (09) 6320393 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Sunday 15 March 2020.