negotiable / month
- Job Type:
- Category: Management
- Location: Auckland
- Date Advertised: 01-NOV-18
- Job Reference: EDU/1365379
- Job Title: Service Manager
- Business Unit:
1 Fulltime position based in Albany office
The role presents an exciting opportunity to work in an organisation committed to raising achievement and improve educational outcomes for our children and young people. We are in the midst of a positive change initiative that’s setting a platform for New Zealand’s young learners to be the best they can be.
As part of that change we have an opportunity for an experienced manager. You will lead and work with a committed professional team delivering a range of Learning Support specialist education services to children and young people, and work with early childhood providers and schools to raise progress and achievement as well as to deliver on the communities’ aspirations.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, and manage workload and resource issues.
- Develop strong connections and networks across the Ministry, local education providers, iwi, communities and whānau to achieve educational priorities for the region.
- Broker support from across the Ministry and other agencies to deliver joined up work programmes tailored to local needs.
- Experience at influencing and leading innovation, people, programmes, and change.
- Ability to assess needs, risks, and performance issues and address gaps proactively.
- Ability to follow through and finish complex or sensitive tasks and issues.
- Reporting and assessing skills.
- Ability to use and interpret data including the ability to use information to influence decisions.
- Big picture view and ability to connect the dots.
- Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and its implications for the work of the Ministry of Education especially in matters relating to Māori development and the partnership values that flow from the Treaty.
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- Current driver’s license.
If you are looking for a challenge, be innovative as well as able to think outside the square, are passionate about children and young people’s success, then we want to hear from you.
For a confidential enquiry or more information please contact: Pat Trevan Auckland.Recruitment@education.govt.nz or 09-265 3009.
Applications close: Friday 16th November 2018